Achievements so far:
Prompt assessment and collection of Revenue in the following areas:
- Personal Income Tax
- Direct assessment
- Development Levies
- Withholding Tax
- Revenue of MDAs
- Acceleration of the process of issuance/renewal of Electronic Tax Clearance Certificates. Taxpayers who applied for the issuance/renewal of E-TCC get it approved and printed out at record time even earlier the stipulated 2 weeks.
- Aggressive tax driving through the activities of Station Managers in all the 33 Local Governments in Oyo State.
- Monitoring and constant evaluation of the activities of TAMA and various tax consultants appointed by the Government to assist in assessing and collecting revenue.
- Facilitation of Vehicles Particulars Renewal and Driver’s License. Prompt issuance of No. plates to Private Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motor Cycle owners.
- Prompt convocation of weekly Tax Audit Reconciliation Committee meetings to attend to objection to assessment given to individual and corporate tax payers leading to peaceful resolution of disputes.
- Compilation and dispatch of New Salary Tax Tables to all the MDAs and 33 Local Governments in relation to the new minimum wages just approved by the Federal Government.
- Regular weekly revenue monitoring meetings among the Ministry of Lands and Housing, Ministry of Finance and OYSIRS.
- Amendment of the Oyo State Revenue Administration Law of 2015 with a clause recognizing the OYSIRS as the sole agency on internally-generated revenue (IGR) of the state which superintends over collection, collation, administration and accounting of all state revenue (tax and non-tax).
- The amendment further mandated the OYSIRS to use Consolidated Revenue Codes for the collection of all state IGR from all sources and extends the IGR areas for application of Revenue Codes to include presumptive tax, indirect taxes, levies, fines, fees, income tax, charges and other applicable taxes not expressly stated in the amendment.
- The amendments enumerated above came into effect on 29th May, 2020.